Historic Campus

These include sites of some of the first buildings and statues erected on campus.

The Pioneer Statue

Artist: Alexander Phimister Proctor Date: 1918, installed 1919This sculpture, located across from Johnson Hall, in between Friendly and Fenton Hall, was dedicated with great ceremony in May 1919. The sculptor, Alexander Phimister Proctor (1862-1950),…

Deady Hall

Deady Hall was named after Matthew Deady, a prominent judge and politician in Oregon. For many years, this was the only building on campus and only received its name long after it was completed. However, the completion of this first building has a…